Why choose Go Rentals?
Insuring Go Rentals Vehicles
Go Rentals Insurance
- As of May 2017, are now partnered with Practical.co.uk. This partnership now allows us to offer insurance across all of our fleet, meaning that whether it be a Van or Car, you can drive our vehicles fully insurance, whether you have your own policy or not!
- We can insure 2 drivers on the vehicle, at all times
- Very Competitive rates on all insurance products
- Low Liability on all Vehicles
Customers Own Insurance
- Alternatively, if you have your own fully comprehensive insurance, this can be transferred on to the vehicle for the duration of rental. Please note, as the majority of insurance policy holders are for car or “private” cover, there can often be difficulties when attempting to transfer insurance on to a commercial vehicle, as a commercial policy tends to have different costs associated to it, so all insurance companies tend to have a variety of different policies in place.
Please contact one of Rental agents today and enquire about terms and conditions.
Notes for rental
Please note, all vehicle images shown are for display purposes only. A similar vehicle will be made available, and the actual vehicle make and model will be offered at time of booking.
In order for hire to take place, we will need from you:
- Full Driving licence of hirer (and additional drivers)
- A Valid Debit or Credit card (Cash not accepted for deposits)
- 2 Proofs of Address
- Transfer of your own full comprehensive insurance (If using own insurance)
All prices above include VAT @ 23% and include unlimited mileage (Does NOT include Insurance Cover)
1 Day = 24hrs. Half day rate extends to same day return.
Weekend rate is 3 full days over weekend. E.G (Fri am – Mon am, or Fri pm – Mon pm)
Deposit of €100 required for Friday or Saturday Bookings in case of No-Show (refunded if 24 hrs notice given)
*The term ‘Or Similar’ indicates that the vehicle you rent may not be the exact make and model as the vehicle displayed, although it will be from the same vehicle group, meaning that it will be comparable in size and performance to that vehicle. The actual vehicle you rent will depend on the makes and models available at the time of booking.
Tips & Information for your vehicle rental
- Be aware of the dimensions of the rented vehicle. Length, height and width, especially with the Large Vans, in-case you intend on visiting any multi-story car parks or need to navigate through a “max head-room” barrier
- Familiarize yourself with all vehicle operating controls, lights, wipers, washer jets and how to open the fuel flap and bonnet.
- Be conscious that vans require a further braking distance than you may be used to in your car, especially when loaded.
- Be aware of your blind spots while driving, most vans have a split mirror for near and multi angle view, familiarize yourself with these and be conscious of them when driving.
- Make sure you choose a vehicle with adequate storage that will also comfortably seat your party, ensure the vehicle has enough storage space for your luggage. Looks can sometimes be deceiving.
- Please ensure that your vehicle is able to handle the terrain: This is especially important if going on an adventure holiday or place where you may need to take the car off-road. Make sure you research a vehicle before simply opting for the one that looks up to the job.
- Take your time and arrive alive!
- May not permit a transfer from your car policy on to a commercial vehicle at all
- May only transfer from your car policy to a commercial vehicle under certain conditions e.g. if you are moving house. If this is the case you may need to provide them with your new address details.
- May transfer for a fee, which more than likely would be payable over the phone in advance or on the day of the rental. You would be advised to ask what this fee is prior to transfer as this value is varied between insurance companies
- May be willing to transfer, no problem, no fee. Be aware, just because you have “open drive” insurance policy or a “fleet” policy, we will still require verification from your insurance company via email that the fully comprehensive insurance transfer has taken place to cover the duration of the rental.
To organise an insurance transfer onto a vehicle, you will need to contact your broker or insurance company. They will require some details which we will provide for you over the phone or via our e-mail booking verification which can be sent to your email address once an enquiry or booking is made. Generally the information which they require will be:
- Engine size
- Vehicle value
All of our vehicles are under 3.5 tonne gross vehicle weight (G.V.W.) so a standard car class (B) license is sufficient!
You should be permitted 2 options with your insurance company:
- Temporary Substitution – This allows the transfer of cover from your car on to the vehicle for the duration of rental. Your car will not be insured on the road during this period.
- Temporary Addition – If you or a family member needs to continue to use your own car during the rental period, you can add the vehicle on to your policy temporarily for the duration of cover, so this will cover the vehicle in addition to your own car. It tends to be easier and cheaper to arrange a substitution but check with your insurance company first, what their policies permit, and of course at what cost to you!
Go Rentals Irish Owned
At , we operate a fleet with a variety of different makes and models. Due to our extended fleet we cannot always guarantee a particular make or model and vehicles shown on our website are only examples of what we have in the fleet. Whilst every effort will be made to supply a particular pre-booked model, we reserve the right to supply a suitable alternative, but will always try our utmost to facilitate our valued customers in every way we can.
- Subject to availability and driver qualification
- Standard terms and conditions apply