Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays – Closed
Please note, that we may be willing to meet you outside office hours on some occasions.
Depending on availability, we can also offer an out-of-hours collection/drop-off service, please ask our rental agent for details.
You will require:
1. A Full Class B Driver’s Licence. We do NOT accept provisional licences or any licence with endorsements.
2. 2 Proofs of Address. We need to see two official items with your name and address in either a paper or electronic format.
3. A valid Debit/Credit card, in your own name for the deposit. If not in your name, a friend/family members will suffice but he/she will need to be present at the time of rental with their own photo identification, and he/she will need to sign a “Card Payment Authorisation Form”. We are required to debit a deposit off the debit/credit card which will be fully refunded after the return of the rental vehicle, once there are no subsequent charges, including but not limited to e.g. valeting, fuel, excess mileage, fines, e-flow, parking, damage etc. Cards must remain valid with funds available and in date for duration of the rental term.
The Simple Answer is No!
You have 2 options when hiring a Go Rentals vehicle;
Renting with your own Insurance (COI- Customers Own Insurance)
Transfer of your own full comprehensive insurance cover and a verification email to be emailed in by your broker/insurance company. You will need to contact your insurance company or broker prior to rent, to ensure that an insurance transfer can occur on to a commercial vehicle, if renting a van. See our insurance notes on the RENT page of our website for further information. You will need to confirm the following:
• Insurance company contact details
• Policy Number
• Policy is fully comprehensive
• The name of the renter and any other driver is named specifically on the policy and that they are covered
• The specific vehicle details, registration, make, model, value
• Time and date of start of cover
• Time and date of end of cover
Renting with Self Drive Hire Insurance (SDH):
We have partnered up with Practical Car and Van Rental to be able to supply our vehicles with insurance. Certain criteria and terms and conditions must be met. Vehicle and passenger is covered. Driver is not covered! Check with our on-duty rentals agent regards availability. For this to occur, we will need to confirm the following:
• A Full Class B Driver’s License. We do NOT accept provisional licenses or any license with endorsements.
• Renter must be between the age of 25-70 years of age
• 2 Proofs of Address must be provided so we can underwrite the insurance. Without these, rental cannot take place.
• No Previous Convictions, Accidents, Refusal of Insurance or Physical Defects which would inhibit driving.
With our Insurance, you will be subject to a €1,500 Excess.
Yes. All of our vehicles can be driven on the standard class B driver’s license, but we do NOT accept provisional licenses or any license with endorsements.
This all depends on whose insurance you are using.
For rentals where customers are using their own insurance (COI- Customers Own Insurance), we have no age restrictions, as long as the renter has held their full license for at least 2 years prior to the date of rental and there is a transfer of fully comprehensive insurance. There is no upper age limit.
For rentals where you are using our insurance (SDH – Self Drive Hire Insurance), as per our underwriter conditions we are obliged to ensure age restrictions between 25-70 years of age for the purchase of this policy along with holding their full license for at least 2 years prior to the date of rental.
We can offer insurance to customers ages 23-24 and 71-72 as long as they have a clean licence and have held their full licence for 2 years.
No. All of our vehicles can be driven on a full class B driver’s license. We do NOT accept provisional licenses or any license with endorsements.
No. We only accept the transfer of a fully comprehensive policy.
You can drive the vehicle on our own self-drive hire insurance policy at very competitive rates, although certain criteria and terms and conditions must be met, see FAQ above & below.
Yes, once the insurance has been transferred across on to our vehicle, and on condition that you remain covered under this Full Comprehensive Insurance Policy during the duration of the rental, we require to have this verified in writing by insurance company/broker.
Yes – A valid Debit OR Credit card, in your own name. If not in your name, a friend/family members will suffice but he/she will need to be present at the time of rental with photo identification, and will need to sign a “Card Payment Authorisation Form”. We are required to debit a deposit off the card which will be fully refunded after the return of the rental vehicle, once there are no subsequent charges, including but not limited to e.g. valeting, fuel, excess mileage, fines, e-flow, parking, damage etc. Cards must remain valid with funds available and in date for duration of the rental term.
Our rental rate includes free mileage for the 1st 700kms up to and including the first 7day period. If you are keeping the vehicle for longer, the allowance will be averaged across the hire duration at 100kms per day. i.e 4 days hire = 700kms. 10 day hire = 1000kms
If at the end of the rental, you have travelled over this agreed mileage allowance, the additional mileage would then be subject to a charge of €0.15 + VAT per KM. If you inform us before the hire takes place regards the mileage you will be doing, we will allow a discount and for you to pay for the additional mileage at €0.10+VAT up front.
Speeding, parking fines, toll charges and any other endorsements are the responsibility of the renter in full. The renter is obliged to inform Go Rentals of any fines or parking tickets issued whilst the renter is using the vehicle. Note any and all potential charges, including but not limited to tolls, fines, motoring offence charges, or charges subsequent to return of vehicle may be charged directly to the debit/credit card of which was supplied at the time of vehicle collection.
Payment of tolls must be made by 8pm on the day following your journey, via one of the methods below:
o Online at www.eflow.ie
o By phone on LoCall number 1890 50 10 50 (from Republic of Ireland) or 08453015405 (from Northern Ireland)
o In person using the Payzone branded outlets nationwide that display the eFlow logo
Any penalties incurred for non-payment of the toll will be automatically charged to your credit/debit card used for the rental, along with our current standard administration fee of the Toll & an admin fee of €5.00 + VAT per penalty.
Yes. We have 24/7/365 secure CCTV monitoring throughout our premises.
Primarily, only our long-term lease vehicles (1 year or more) are available with tow-bars, if requested.
We do have a limited number of vehicles available for short-term rent (up to 28 days) with Tow Bars, but you would need to specify this requirement in advance, and this would be subject to availability.